Pages

Friday, March 17, 2017

Budget Implications - Again

I know - I have already posted about the budget but this is a big deal to me because it represents an America I don't recognize. All of these articles come from WaPo. First the White House endorses removing 30,000 FAA workers . Yes, 30k. How is that for increasing unemployment. Not to mention flying safety. I guess we can privatize and make air safety a for profit thing. Next is a real analysis of the Meals on Wheels program that makes the Mulvaney comments ludicrous. And lastely is a great satirical piece by Alexandra Petri on how Trump's Budget Makes Perfect Sense . I know that budgets are always about negotiating and much of this is typical Republican cut the spending but haven't we already been here? The Gilded Age and the 1920s (both of which seem to be periods Trump wants to emulate) were rejected by Americans because as a nation we valued people. I am not saying Social Security and the Great Society Programs don't have unintended consequences that need to be addressed, just that throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment